I was delighted to be asked to come on, and it was great fun. Listening back, I'm sorry I wasn't sufficiently prepared for the questions such that I would not have said "emmm" so much.
As I think back on it, there are so many different ways that the interview could have gone, and thinking even more about it, I don't think I would have found it hard to talk for an hour on the matter2.
The angles of any such conversation would include:
- The anticipation of the growing evenings and what it does for people, which is what we discussed in the interview.
- The technical implementation of the twitter bot I use for it
- The community that has built up around the twitter account
- The astronomical phenomena that influence these progressions in darkness and brightness (I'm no expert, but I can speak in a high-level sense on many of these phenomena)
- How I operate the account to keep it going the way it does.
Yesterday's interview resulted in ~800 new followers, which is mad. During the 3-minute call, the follower count went from about 9,660 to "10.3k".
I remain available for further interviews should anyone take a fancy.
Finally, my apologies to those from Roscommon who were hurt by my comment at the end of the call. It kinda came out wrong. I'm getting slagged for denying (-ish) having grown up in Westmeath!